Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Dubai Biz Trip - Day 7

28th November 2009, Saturday. The time flew very fast. I started to miss my home, Malaysia. I love Malaysia. Malaysia is still the best place after all... LOL... Well... we had nothing much to do on that day but to shop for some souvenirs. We took a taxi to the Clock Tower. Other exhibitors from Malaysia told us that we could get a cheaper price souvenir from the shop nearby Clock Tower.

Somehow, we could not find the place. Finally, I sms Siu Yong from Evershine (Bins manufacturer). Luckily she replied to me and told me that the shop was Gift Gallery and it was located nearby the Sun Shine Hotel. Thanks god. We found it finally. We managed to get some souvenirs such as t-shirts, ashtrays, keychains, shot glass etc.

After that, we took a taxi to the Water Taxi Terminal at Dubai Creek I guess. I could not really remember the place name, but I just remember that place has a lower living expenses. The streets and the shops nearby were very crowded with foreigners from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indians, Indonesians etc. It was very crowded. I felt a bit uneasy as there were just a few ladies there. They looked at us differently. The t-shirts sold were not cheap as well. We thought the price should be quite reasonable, hence Mr Song had bought 2 t-shirts at AED17 each if not mistaken.

A lot of people were queuing for water taxi. Somehow, it was quite fast as there were quite many water taxis at the terminal. Each trip only costs AED1 per person. This transportation was specially established to help the poor I guess.




It just took about 5 minutes to reach the other terminal (the opposite side) I guess. I did not look at the watch as we were busy taking pictures hahahaa....
The market/shop at the this side was better. The price was so much cheaper. Guess what?! The t-shirt was just sold at AED10!!! It was a bad deal for Mr Song as he had bought so much more expensive. Somehow, he still grabbed a few more t-shirts at AED10. I just bought one for myself but Mr Song and Ai Lee had bought 4-5 t-shirts each.

Then, we took a taxi back to hotel just to drop the things and went to the one of the biggest mall (I guess should be the biggest) in Dubai directly. It was really huge and crowded. A lot of people were visiting the mall. The food court was very big too. There were variety of food from various countries. I just love it. We did not have much time to walk around. It was really too big.






We thought of visiting the Sega Republic but it was too expensive to enter.

Food ordered by Ai Lee....



So, we just went to watch the Musical Fountains. It was really cool!!! The performance was amazing and I love it so much. How romantic it would be if you hold your wedding besides the fountain! Hahahahaha... This was what I kept telling Ai Lee during the performance.






We also managed to take some of the pictures at the side of fountains. Nice buildings and nice views..:-P




No comments:

Post a Comment