Saturday, November 14, 2009

Jakarta Biz Trip Again


10-13 November 2009, Tuesday-Friday. This period of time I went to Jakarta, Indonesia for Architectonia 7th Exhibition at the Anggrek Mall with my manager, Ai Lee. Anggrek Mall is considered as one of the biggest mall in Jakarta. The shops in the mall look like our Mid Valley. They have those brands like Zara, Mango, Espirit, Guardian Pharmacy etc. The price of those things are average and not like Grand Indonesia which is much more branded and more expensive. Grand Indonesia is like our Pavilion KL. I arrived at Jakarta on Tuesday at about 11.40am (Jakarta's local time). Our agent at there came and fetch us from airport to the our hotel, Twin Tower Plaza. It is considered as 4 Stars Hotel


Superior Room in Twin Plaza (My room, No. 1201)

My lunch at the food court in Anggrek Mall, Nasi Roti Jambal if not mistaken...:-)


Well... actually we thought of helping them to install the Froggy Playground Set. That was why we arrived one day earlier. However, they did not need out help at all. Thus, Ai Lee and I had our free and easy day on Tuesday.Actually we did not enjoy much as we spent half a day stucked in the car because of the serious jammed in Jakarta. I could not imagine how can the people in Jakarta survive. For me, KL's traffic is considered terrible but now I would say that Jakarta's traffic is more terrible and very horrible. You might need an hour just to travel 10km. They said that Jakarta's traffic is even worse than Bangkok!

Wednesday-I was working for the whole day in the exhibition. Well, maybe I should say this way, I was sitting at the booth for whole day. Not much people at the exhibition. I could hardly find a potential client to speak to. I was sitting there and dreaming from 10am-9.30pm.






At night, Ai Lee and I had dinner at Japanese Restaurant, Kiyadon Sushi. The restaurant looked very high class and expensive from the outside. We were wondering whether we should have our dinner there. These were the food we ordered. We did not order too many food as both of us were quite full.


Salmon Sashimi - 38,000 Rupiah


Soft Shell Temakei- 25,000 Rupiah


Unagi Rolls - 25,000 Rupiah


California Temaki - 18,000 Rupiah

The total bill was 123,596 Rupiah (about RM45). Not very expensive but also not very cheap... LOL

Thursday- We spent most of our time in the car and bus again! We went to Bogor early in the morning by bus to visit our agent, Mr Rizal's factory. We waited for 30 minutes for the bus. We wanted to sit on a comfortable air conditioned bus but at the end, we took a 'luxury bus'. Well, this is the picture of the bus.

The bus have no aircond but was installed with manual mechanical fan!!! The fan was moving when the bus was moving, and it was stopped when the bus stopped! Phew... luckily the traffic from Jakarta to Bogor was smooth. Else, I could not imagine how hot were I. The bus was great as you have 'entertainment' in the bus. These 2 guys were singing and playing guitar to entertain us!



Ai Lee and I in the bus

These were the picture taken at the wood toy factory, RUMAH ABIA......










At night, we had Ai Lee's favorite, J.CO's yogurt. The yogurt was extremely delicious. I think I have fallen in love with the yogurt too. It was tasty and it was just like the sweet and sour ice cream....YUMMY! It was fantastic I would say.




Friday- Finally, it was Friday. It's time to back to Malaysia. The happiest day as I could leave this congested city!!! Group picture with the agents there...:-) This picture was taken by the handsome guy from our neighbour booth:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment