Monday, November 30, 2009

My Dubai Biz Trip - Day 1


22nd November 2009, Sunday. Well, my company had sent me, and both of my managers, Mr Song and Ms Loh to participate in Big 5 Exhibition. Our flight departed on Sunday at 12.00am. The flight took about 7 hours and we reached there at about 3am Dubai local time. Dubai is 4 hours later than us (GMT 4+). We stayed at Moon Valley Hotel Apartment at Bur Dubai, near the Business Centre and Burjurman Mall. The hotel was good enough as they let us to check in earlier without any extra charges. By right, they could charge us another half day of stay. I booked this apartment through online and we were entitled the special rate at AED 425 per night (normal price was AED 750). This hotel was considered new and the facilities were quite good I would say! Here are some of the pictures of our 2 Bed Room Apartment Room....

The lobby. It looked quite nice~~

Our apartment No.210's living room. It was big enough for us...:-P

This was my room. I stayed with Ai Lee.....

Mr Song's room... Wooooo... He had a bigger room compared to us with personal TV!

The toilet + bathroom....

The other toilet with washing machine...

Well... this was the kitchen facilitated with gas stove, oven, microwave, electric jug kettle and refrigerator. Fantastic!!
We rested for 2 hours then we went to MATRADE Centre for briefing and refreshment. Then we went to the exhibition hall to set up the booth. Since we have nothing much to set up, we left the hall early and paid a visit to one of the biggest mall in Dubai, Mall of Emirates. The mall was quite big and elegant. The malls have lots of brands; branded and non-branded (which I considered quite expensive). Well... everything in Dubai is expensive I would say.

Mall of Emirates

Ski Dubai. It is a part of Mall of Emirates. Ski Dubai is an indoor ski resort with 22,500-square meters of indoor ski area. The entrance fee was quite expensive. That's why we did not go in. I just able to capture this small little picture from the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment